Универзитет за информатички технологии и науки "Свети Апостол Павле" Охрид
UIST Ohrid, officially called University for Information Science and Technology "St. Paul the Apostle", was registered in the Central Registry of the Republic of Macedonia in July 2009. UIST Ohrid is a State University legally established by the Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia in 2008, with subsequent legal amendments in 2009 and 2010. The Statute of UIST Ohrid was approved by the Republic of Macedonia Parliament in August 2010.
This bold and visionary initiative of the Macedonian government combines the best research and teaching practices current in the USA, Europe, and locally, while complying at the same time with the Bologna European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The university is located in the beautiful and ancient city of Ohrid, place to one of the first universities in Europe that St Clement of Ohrid (Sv Kliment Ohridisky) built here in the 9th century. UIST recruits academics from all over the world, with staff coming from the USA, England, France, Italy, Iran, Tunisia, the Philippines, India, Germany and South Africa. To further promote an international competitiveness in our prized students, the University has adopted English language as the medium of instruction.
The main objectives for establishing our university is to meet the increasing demand, both locally and globally, for:
- well-qualified and competent IT technicians,
- innovative engineers and scientists for Research and Development positions in industry
and also to:
- provide students with a solid foundation for pursuing advanced degrees at top international graduate schools in the fields of Information Science and Technology.
In order to achieve these goals, our university offers an eclectic tripartite undergraduate curriculum with flexible exit options, which applies to each of our 5 faculties, as follows:
- a 2-year program towards an IT Certificate and a degree of “Associate in Information Science and Technology”. Upon completion, one retains the option of enrolling in further programs.
- a 3-year program in Information Science and Technology towards a degree of “Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science and Technology”. Upon completion, one retains the option of enrolling in the 4-year program.
- a 4-year program in Information Science and Technology towards a “Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Technology” degree in the respective study field. Upon graduation, one is able to continue studies in postgraduate programs.
Developing the creative power of the IT expert is unthinkable without serious, professional exposure to the Arts and Humanities. Therefore our comprehensive programs in Information Sciences and Technology include a wide range of Minor Electives in linguistics, languages and literatures, critical theories, history, philosophy, modern and classical social sciences and almost all the arts.
Локација на универзитетот
| || |
| || |