Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
Programme „Countering Serious Crime in the Western Balkans“, offers the vacancy as: - Legal Advisor
BRIEF PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION:
(Substitute for MATERNITY LEAVE)
The EU co funded “Countering Serious Crime in the Western Balkans” project is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH – GIZ. The project is composed of 4 areas of intervention with the overall objective to counter Serious Crime in the Western Balkans. The technical expertise will be provided by EU Prosecutors and Legal Advisors.
Duration: August/September 2018 – June 2019
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In close cooperation with the AO and the Component Leader to undertake the necessary steps to close any legal and regulatory gap concerning international cooperation in criminal justice, in particular drafting of ToRs for national and international experts (area II);
- In close cooperation with the AO and the Component Leader the planning and implementation of capacity building activities, e.g. small workshops, study trips, language courses, internships, etc. (area III);
- To prepare “working orders” for administrative support (area II and III)
- Monitoring and regular reporting on the activities and results in component II and II to the component leader (see LF);
- Assess and specify the necessary equipment to be purchased;
- If requested by the AV to promote and represent the project within the national GIZ structures;
- If requested by the AV or in case of absence of the EU Prosecutor to substitute the EU Prosecutor;
- Assist the EU Prosecutor on his daily work concerning area I and IV and, in particular in the establishment and maintenance of contacts to the local authorities;
REQUIRED ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
• University degree in law. A postgraduate degree in criminal law or a relevant field or a Bar exam would be an advantage.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience (international legal cooperation). Previous work with an international justice reform project, the prosecution office and/or on EU/IPA projects would be an advantage.
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Fluent written and oral knowledge of the European language widely used in the country and a working knowledge of English
• Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English language consisting of a letter of motivation and CV in English using the ‘European Curriculum Vitae Format’ and references ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of the email: REF: Job Application- Legal Advisor
Deadline for the application: 01.08.2018